Discover our current vacancies
Don't miss out on the opportunity to work with us!
Vacancies: Experienced Sessional Workers
We are looking for experienced sessional workers to be part of our youth and children’s work team and work in our after school provision. We are also able to offer additional hours to cover staff absence and in holiday programmes.
We have a range of hours available across the week, in primary and secondary school age provision. This can run between 3.30pm and up to 9.00pm in the evenings. It is likely that we will also be recruiting for provision on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Examples of clubs include:
Tuesday – Primary 5 to 7 Club, term time from 3pm to 5.30pm
Working with a team of youth workers to develop and deliver a range of activities for children aged 8 to 11; including art and crafts, sports, games, cooking and themed/ issue based sessions.
Friday - Primaries 1/2 and Primaries 3/4 Clubs, term time from 1.30 pm – 5.00pm (3.5 hours)
Working with younger children to develop and deliver a range of activities such and art and crafts, cooking, games and sport as well as themed/ issue based sessions.
Friday Hub for S1+, term time from 6.30 – 8.00pm
Working with young people aged 12+ to develop and deliver a range of engaging activities, including sports, cooking, crafts and themed/ issue based sessions. Also working with a harm reduction approach with young people around risk taking behaviours and using activities to divert from/ prevent this.
As well as face to face time, we also pay sessional staff 30 minutes either side of each group.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with young people in youth work setting, or in a similar role such as social work, education or support work.
- Experience of working as part of a team. The post holder will be required to work alongside other youth workers and volunteers in delivering our services.
- Ability to work independently and use their own initiative.
- Understanding of the needs of young people and an ability to develop programmes to meet these needs.
- Good level of organisational, administrative, IT and communication skills.
What we offer you
Rate of pay: £12.48 (As well as face to face time, we also pay sessional staff 30 minutes either side of each group or club).
5.6 week holidays
There is no closing date, applications will be reviewed and on submission. We will then be in touch to let you know if your application is being considered and if we would like you to attend an interview.
We always reply to your application. If you have been unsuccessful we will let you know.
For more information please contact our Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for dropping by.